32-40 uur p.w.
We are looking for an independent and accurate team player who takes ownership. Our client is an investment company in Amsterdam. The company was established in 1948 as part of the post-war reconstruction effort to provide risk capital to Dutch companies. Their investment focus is primarily on the long term. As part of their focus on corporate responsibility our client has integrated ESG in all stages of its investment approach. The Counsel team comprises the general counsel and the management assistant.
As a legal counsel you will contribute to the further professionalization of the legal function with the growing organization of our client, resulting in an increased business result through managing specific legal activities and supporting the general counsel. You will report to the general counsel. You will have an active working relationship with the general counsel, legal support staff, finance department, compliance officer and procurement officer.
- Supporting the investment professionals within our client (NL + BE) on all legal aspects of transactions and portfolio management, including capturing know how;
- Responsible for all legal matters pertaining to the small cap companies + specified mid cap companies;
- Supporting the director finance;
- Supporting the safeguarding of the compliance with the rules and best practices included in the Code of Conduct of our client and including the values;
- Supporting stakeholder management and external service providers;
- Responsible for corporate matters, assisted by paralegal support: Diligent entities, Claims/earn-out agenda, Lean corporate tree, UBO-related matters, Internal decision making NL + BE, Monitoring filing compliance;
- Supporting the compliance officer on specified matters;
- Cooperating with the finance department on specified matters;
- Supporting portfolio companies on specified subjects;
- Having direct contact with external law firms and other legal service providers;
- Contributing to and initiating further development and professionalization of the legal function;
- Voluntary involvement in the initiatives of our client in a broad sense (charity, ESG, events, etc).
- Ability to work independently and meticulously;
- “Customer satisfaction” of investment professionals;
- Sparring partner for small cap and specified mid cap companies;
- Quality in corporate, M&A and banking matters;
- Flawless cooperation with finance and compliance department and support staff.
- Team player;
- Result driven;
- Empathic and diplomatic;
- Academic law degree;
- Earlier experience at a law firm;
- 3-5 years with M&A and banking experience;
- Good common sense approach for other fields of law;
- Excellent oral and written communication of both Dutch and English.
To attract the best talent, our client offers an attractive remuneration package consisting of a competitive annual salary and performance incentive structure.
Are you able to connect effectively with others and are you an accurate team player who takes responsibilities? Are you the enthusiastic colleague who wants to contribute to the team and finds a good atmosphere important? Please do not hesitate and contact us as soon as possible. If you wish to know more about this job, before applying, also feel free to contact us!
Neem contact op met Wilma Dol: